Registration for the Symposium is now open. Please read the following information on fees and package inclusions before proceeding to the online registration site.
All presenters (oral and poster) MUST register before Friday, 24 March, failing which they will no longer be shown as participating in the programme. To receive the Early Bird rate make sure you register before Tuesday, 14 March 2017.
Our Symposium Secretariat is ready to assist with registration enquiries so please don’t hesitate to contact them on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Registration Information, Fees and Deadlines
Online registration is quick and easy. You’ll be able to register for social events, and even book a hotel room in one of the official Symposium hotels if you would like to. Payment options include immediate settlement by credit card, or subsequent settlement upon invoice.
Be sure to have your passport at hand if you are an international visitor to South Africa so you can request visa assistance documentation as you register.
Online registration will be open from 9 December 2016 until 7 May 2017 after when only on-site registration will be available. The discounted early bird rate is available until 14 March 2017.
Regular and Student Symposium Registration
Verification of your status as a student may be requested by the Symposium Secretariat.
- Access to all ISRSE-37 Symposium sessions (8-12 May)
- Access to the ISRSE-37 Symposium exhibition (8-12 May)
- Tea breaks and lunches on all ISRSE-37 Symposium days
- ISRSE-37 Symposium documentation and collateral
- Access to the Ice Breaker (8 May)
Single Day Regular and Single Day Student Symposium Registration
Register for a single day of the Symposium and then when the final programme is released the Symposium Secretariat will ask you to indicate which day you would like to attend. Verification of your status as a student may be requested by the Symposium Secretariat.
- Access to all ISRSE-37 Symposium on the chosen day
- Access to the ISRSE-37 Symposium on the chosen day
- Tea breaks and lunches on the chosen ISRSE-37 Symposium day
- ISRSE-37 Symposium documentation and collateral
Please note, all registration packages exclude:
- Access to the Symposium Banquet on 10 May (requires purchase of a ticket at ZAR 455.00)
- Excursions or tours not specifically included
- Accommodation costs
- Travel costs (e.g. insurance, visas, inoculations, airport transfers)
- Satellite and side events
All prices are in South African Rand (ZAR) and all credit card payments will be processed in ZAR. The indicative United States Dollar (USD) rate is for convenience only and will be adjusted in line with exchange rate fluctuations. The host organisation, the South African National Space Agency (SANSA), is not registered for value-added tax (VAT).
|Registration Category||Early Bird (9 Dec – 14 Mar)||Standard (15 March – 7 May)||Onsite (8 – 12 May)|
|Regular Symposium Registration||R6,975.00 (± USD450)||R7,750.00 (± USD500)||R8,525.00 (± USD550)|
|Student Symposium Registration||R3,100.00 (± USD200)||R3,500.00 (± USD225)||R3,875.00 (± USD250)|
|Single Day Symposium Registration||R3,500.00 (± USD225)||R3,875.00 (± USD250)||R4,275.00 (± USD275)|
|Single Day Student Symposium Registration||R1,550.00 (± USD100)||R1,785.00 (± USD115)||R1,950.00 (± USD125)|
Our bank details are as follows:
Account Name: South African National Space Agency
Special Account Name: SANSA Earth Observation
Branch Code: 632005
Swift Code: ABSAZAJJ
Account Type: Cheque Account
These will be included on the invoice you receive upon completion of your registration.
Early Bird rates are valid 9 December 2016 to 14 March 2017.
Standard rates are valid 15 March to 7 May 2017.
On-site rates are valid from 8 to 12 May 2017.
If you would like to stay in one of the official ISRSE-37 Symposium hotels, you’ll be able to book a room while registering online and receive one invoice for your registration fees and an accommodation deposit.
All prices are in South African Rand (ZAR). Rates include breakfast and 14% VAT. Rates exclude a compulsory 1% Government Tourism Levy which will be payable upon check out.
- Protea Fire and Ice Menlyn
- Sheraton Pretoria
- City Lodge Lynwood
- Town Lodge Menlo Park
ISRSE-37 SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Registration and accommodation reservations are valid once submitted.
- Completed registrations will be acknowledged by the ISRSE-37 Symposium Secretariat within seven (7) days.
- All fees are payable in South African Rand (ZAR) within seven (7) days of invoice. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the delegate.
- All cancellations must be made and received in writing and received by the ISRSE-37 Symposium Secretariat.
- Cancellation fees will be imposed as follows:
- Cancellations 90 days prior to the start of the Symposium (i.e. before 8 February 2017) will receive a full refund of all monies paid less a 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations between 89 and 30 days prior to the start of the Symposium will be refunded 50% of fees and/or accommodation amounts paid; if fees are outstanding the delegate will be liable for 50% of the fees.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations within 30 days of the start of the Symposium (i.e. after 8 April 2017) or no–shows; the delegate will be liable for the full amount due in respect of fees and/or accommodation amounts due.
- Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered only if the ISRSE-37 Symposium Secretariat is duly informed in writing at least 48 hours in advance of the start of the Symposium.
- Registrations may not be shared, i.e. company name tags will not be issued and name tags may not be shared.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE SYMPOSIUM
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) reserves the right to cancel the ISRSE-37 Symposium without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for the ISRSE-37 Symposium which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of “force majeure”. For the purposes hereof, the term “force majeure” shall mean any incident, circumstance or cause which renders delivery of the ISRSE-37 Symposium substantially or totally impossible or impracticable and which is beyond the control of SANSA. The term shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Any strike, or other industrial action of any kind;
- Fire, flood, or adverse weather conditions;
- Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment;
- Failure of carriers, delays in performance or delivery by sub-contractors or any other breach by a third party of a material obligation towards SANSA;
- Power failure;
- Promulgation/amendment/rescission of any relevant legislation or regulation by local or national government;
- Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for SANSA to cancel the ISRSE-37 Symposium.
In such circumstances, SANSA, the ISRSE-37 Local Organising Committee and the ISRSE-37 Symposium Organisers are hereby indemnified and shall not be liable to any delegate, supplier or other service provider for any loss or damage save that SANSA shall only be liable to reimburse the relevant party such amounts as may actually have been received by SANSA, but after deduction of any costs that have been reasonably incurred by it up to the point of cancellation in preparing the Symposium. This limited liability does not extend to any payments that may have been made directly or indirectly (on behalf of delegates/attendees/service providers, etc.) to third parties such as hotels or airlines.
SANSA, the ISRSE-37 Local Organising Committee and the ISRSE-37 Symposium Organisers shall not be responsible for any theft, breakage, destruction or damages of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused to personal and/or business items of delegates, accompanying persons, children, or other attendees.
All delegates are to make themselves fully aware of the health and visa requirements in respect of travel to South Africa; in the event that an individual is unable to participate in the Symposium due to not meeting these requirements in any way; SANSA, the ISRSE-37 Local Organising Committee and the ISRSE-37 Symposium Organisers will not accept responsibility in any respect.
ENQUIRIES AND ASSISTANCE
Questions? Please get in touch!
ISRSE-37 Symposium Registration Manager
Tel: +27 (0)21 683 2934